Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day One: What have I been waiting for?


1-July-2012:
Here it goes. No more complete laziness. No more excuses. No more giving in to the food temptations. And NO MORE WHINING ABOUT SOMETHING I CAN CHANGE.

So much time has been wasted sitting on my ass on the computer or in the car, when I could be out enjoying life, enjoying Alaska, enjoying my time with my family. And I'm sick of it. And, as it turns out, pretty sick. Deficiencies, becoming borderline diabetic, the headaches, the dizziness, the tiredness; all of this could be taken care of if I'd just take care of myself.

This blog is my own weight loss journal. It's raw. I am baring myself to possibly complete strangers and I'm terrified. I've been so ashamed of my body and my lack of being able to do much (and I've got three small children, I NEED that energy!) and I've hidden. No shorts, skirts and dresses? Pfft, not anytime soon. I even hate exposing my arms.

But, not only is this words on a page, there are pictures. Photo proof of where I'm starting, and where I'm going. Not gonna lie, it's ugly. For now. I'm not starting off hardcore doing 6 hours of working out everyday (I don't have the time even if I wanted to) and eating nothing but broccoli for 2 months, but I am starting. And that's an improvement from before, so I'm going to take it.

As you're reading this, I ask you for one thing. HOLD ME ACCOUNTABLE. Barring major life events, I will attempt to post at least a few times a week, and include a photo once a week, to see my progress. Hold me to that. My fear is a crutch and for years my fear of failure has been the reason I haven't started anything. No more.

So, here's where I'm starting.
Weight: 216 lbs
Height: 5'4"
Pant size: 18
Yeah, my pictures are taken in the bathroom. Oh well.

Workout: 
I've bought the Beachbody "Slim in 6" as getting to the gym is pretty hard to do with three kids, so I'm doing what I can at home until my husband comes home. I did 20 minutes of it earrrrrly early this morning (like 2am before I went to bed) and will be getting in 30 minutes of it this evening. Plan on hitting the exercise bike downstairs for half an hour as well once the kids go to sleep.

Diet: 
Breakfast: had a bacon artisan sandwich from Starbucks. I know, I know, not a good choice. I have no excuse for it other than "I wanted it." Guilty! But, having to post it is yet another reason to make good choices, I don't like admitting it on here! 
Lunch: peanut butter and banana sandwich. Eh, I've had worse. My bananas were about to go bad that's one of the only ways I can eat them, bananas make me kinda sick.
Dinner: planning on baked fried chicken (recipe found here) for the kids with side salad, and a salad for me. *May* cut up a bit of chicken for the salad as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment