Sunday, July 22, 2012

Way to fail, Erica

This week has been a horrible one. Simply horrible. I've been eating like crap, not exercising, and have spent WAY more time in bed than I need to. I don't even know why, really. Maybe it's a depression bout. (Something I've been battling since I was in high school and I should know ways to cope by now.) I just see myself screwing up one day and think "well, there goes that, I should just give up now." I don't know where the heck my motivation went.

I did the G.I. Jane event last Saturday that my husband's unit put on and it kicked my ass, hard. I was having trouble just standing up and walking for like two days afterwards, and I'm still waiting for the blisters on my feet to heal. I had a BLAST though. We started off the morning with a (either half-mile or quarter-mile) run (in full ACUs mind you, those jackets are HOT!), then a 2-mile march with our backpacks. From there we loaded up on trucks and hit the obstacle course, where my fear of heights got the best of me on the first obstacle and my lack of height proved to be an issue for the rest of it, lol (I did do those, though!).

Me on the Belly Robber (photo from 4-25)

From there, after an MRE lunch, we got to the range and shot off a magazine on the M4. I didn't actually HIT the little black target but I was told by my husband and a few other soldiers that my groups were good and I did well for shooting a weapon that wasn't zeroed to me. 


The smell got to me more than anything.

And after the shooting range, we loaded up again and did our last event, the 34ft jump tower. My husband's unit is Airborne so as such, most of them jump out of planes. The jump tower is a tower (go figure, huh?) with a zip line of sorts that leads from 34ft up to the bottom, and you slide down it on a harness similar to one used when using a parachute. We all were instructed on how to jump properly and then, were fitted with harnesses and climbed the stairs to the top. Let me tell you, 34 feet is a LOT taller than one might think! Especially when you're terrified of heights! However, this pansy did it!

Wheeeee!!!!

Of course, I had a helmet issue when I jumped so the harness hit the helmet, which in turn caused the helmet straps to try to take my ear off, lol:

Nothing's done right until you bleed! Amirite?

All in all, I had a great time that day, and I was with a WONDERFUL group of hilarious ladies that made it all the more fun (GO TEAM RAGE!) and I'm pretty proud of myself for completing the day. 

Now, finally off of my butt and getting it back into gear. My head's not in a right place and I'm still trying to figure out how to get it back. I think I'm getting bored with my workouts and I'm working on figuring new ones out. 

I'll take another update pic tonight (although there's really no change....except for maybe up :/ ) and post that after the kids go to bed. I don't like them seeing me like that (which is pretty pathetic, really.) 

Did I mention that we're even CLOSER to my husband coming home? YAYAYAYAY!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment