Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Off to a good start?

Ehhhhhh not so much. I'm working out a TON but other than being insanely sore, not seeing or feeling any results. I'm still struggling through my workout routine. And my clothes still fit the same.

I KNOW, I know, it takes time. I can't expect immediate results. But dang, no wonder so many people quit after such a short amount of time. It's discouraging to see and feel nothing but pain for the first bit. Hopefully I'll be able to experience some change soon though!

I found a good website that helps me track what I eat and how I workout every day: MyFitnessPal

It's pretty interesting to see just how much I'm consuming and oh my gosh did you know that bread has that many calories?!? Ok well, I didn't. Lol.

Also, eggs have become my favorite besides my meal shake. And it's not that bad calorie speaking! Good for protein too, which I need. I have to keep up my Vit D supplement since lab tests found I'm HIGHLY deficient, but I've been taking advantage of the bits of sun this Alaskan summer is finally having (and if you look down, you'll see a bit of a tan! A TAN! In Alaska! Yay!) Mio is helping me drink my water too, since I STILL can't stand plain water (I blame the pregnancy with my oldest, I couldn't even shower without getting sick from just the smell of water.) If I'm looking for a "treat", I am in love with Crystal Light's Mojito drink. Non-alcoholic but very yummy. I'll have to try a real mojito sometime, haha!

I did the "Slim & 6-pack" part of my workout routine (on top of the regular one) on Saturday, and after what felt like 800 crunches (no, seriously, we did a LOT! Of every variation too. I promise, if a variation exists, I did about 100 of them. Ok so it was more like 100-150 total in reality, but you catch the drift!) I'm seriously surprised my mid-section hasn't taken off screaming at me for the abuse I put it through. I'm STILL sore from it! But that's a good thing.

I've found that if I keep moving throughout the day, I'm good. If I sit for more than 5 minutes I'm about to crash though, lol. More of that "an object at rest stays at rest, an object in motion stays in motion" kinda thing, I suppose. (Thanks Newton!)

Well, here's today's stat/visual.

Weight: my scale can't make up its mind whether I'm 215 or 220, and I want to go with 215, but I'll weigh again in the morning, since that's supposed to be the most accurate.
See, no visual change really. And my cat is being insanely needy. But this is the other cat, lol! Excuse the folded up tank for a sports bra, my one and only lonely sports bra is in the wash, so this will have to do! I should go buy more, eh?

So, there's that. I'll try to update more often, but still only pics once a week. 

We're getting SO CLOSE to my husband's homecoming, I can't stand it! I have, however, given up on trying to sew my homecoming dress and I'm buying one, lol. I still can't sew a straight line well; there's no way I have enough time to learn how to make clothing by then! But that's a good thing, because it means it's closer, YAYAYAYAYAYAY! 

Until next time :D


No comments:

Post a Comment